About Expo 2019
The main target of “The Made in Ethiopia Expo” is to network local manufacturers with potential buyers and transferring technology to the country trough active participation of foreign machinery and raw material suppliers.
The foundational objective and organizational mission is to project Ethiopia into the global manufacturing map; as a country where quality goods and services are also produced and marketed internationally. Recently organized the ‘Made in Ethiopia Expo 2018’ from February 23 -25 2018 at the Millennium Hall Addis Ababa. The 3-day event that attracted over 200 exhibitors and about 10,000 visitors. The event was a great success, and many local exhibitors and international companies participated. Many successes were recorded in terms of business-to-business and export deals that were concluded.
Furthermore, it is envisioned to also organize regional-level ‘Made in Ethiopia’ events in the form of a exhibition/bazaar in the regional states. Therefore, there shall be two events in any given year – the main (international event) shall be in Addis Ababa, and the second one shall be organized in a regional state capital. The host regional state will be rotated every year. The proposed host city for the first regional ‘Made in Ethiopia Expo’ to be held in January 2019 will be Bahir Dar, capital city of Amhara National Regional State. The theme of the Bahir Dar event will be ‘Buy Made in Ethiopia & Build the nation, and shall be organized in cooperation with Bahir Dar University and regional government.
The exhibition would be an important business/trade networking event that will bring manufacturers and buyers together; promote excellence in Ethiopian manufacturing; act as a platform to transfer technologies from abroad; promote Ethiopia’s prospects as a regional manufacturing hub in Africa; boost investments in the manufacturing/industrial sector and network local manufacturers with Machinery and raw material suppliers.
The general and specific objectives of “The Made in Ethiopia Expo” are as follows:
- Exhibition of products made in Ethiopia by different manufacturers as a means of showcasing Ethiopia’s current manufacturing capabilities.
- Promote the Ethiopian manufacturing industry and provide an opportunity for manufacturers to have direct contact with exporters, general distributors and traders of goods and services.
- Act as a networking event for manufacturers, and producers of manufacturing plants such as industrial and process plant engineers.
- The event will be an opportunity to showcase the latest innovations in Ethiopian manufacturing industry.
- The event shall transfer technology, which can provide an opportunity for foreign manufacturers to meet and partner with Ethiopian counterparts
- The event will be an opportunity for investors to assess potentials and prospects for the production of goods in Ethiopia.
- The event is also aimed at promoting and projecting Ethiopia’s national prospects and image as a manufacturing destination.
Awards, Recognition and Commendation ceremony for some selected manufacturers will be recognized for ‘process innovation, product quality and manufacturing excellence’.